1. BIRDSVILLE HOTEL: The Birdsville Hotel is popular due to its iconic status as a landmark in the outback. It has a rich history and serves as a focal point for major outback events such as the Birdsville Races and the Big Red Bash music festival. Visitors are drawn to its remote location, lively atmosphere, and the opportunity to experience the spirit of the outback.
2. DALY WATERS PUB: This pub is renowned for its historical significance as one of Australia’s oldest surviving pubs. It attracts visitors with its authentic outback character, friendly hospitality, and quirky decor adorned with memorabilia left by travelers from all around the world. The pub’s vibrant atmosphere and live music performances make it a popular stopover for tourists and locals alike.
3. PRAIRIE HOTEL: The Prairie Hotel is popular for its unique gourmet dining experience in the outback. It offers a menu featuring native Australian ingredients, such as kangaroo, emu, and bush spices. The pub’s commitment to showcasing the flavors of the region, combined with its remote location and stunning views, make it a popular destination for food enthusiasts and travelers seeking a distinctive culinary experience.
4. INNAMINCKA HOTEL: Situated in a remote location on the edge of the Strzelecki Desert, the Innamincka Hotel is popular as a welcome oasis for travelers exploring the outback. It provides essential services, including accommodation, dining, and a bar, in a picturesque setting. The pub’s proximity to the famous Innamincka Regional Reserve and Cooper Creek adds to its appeal for nature lovers and adventure seekers.
5. SILVERTON HOTEL: The Silverton Hotel’s popularity stems from its historical significance and association with the film industry. Located in the unique outback town of Silverton, it has featured in numerous movies, including Mad Max 2. Visitors are attracted to its rustic charm, art galleries, and the opportunity to explore the surrounding desert landscape, making it a favorite spot for photographers and movie enthusiasts.
6. THE ROYAL MAIL HOTEL: This pub’s popularity lies in its unique location straddling the border between Queensland and New South Wales. It offers visitors the opportunity to stand with one foot in each state, providing a memorable experience. The Royal Mail Hotel is known for its friendly service, cold beverages, and warm outback hospitality.
7. WILLIAM CREEK HOTEL: The William Creek Hotel is popular due to its isolated location, earning it the reputation of being the “most isolated pub in Australia.” It serves as a vital stopover for travelers exploring the remote regions of Lake Eyre and the Oodnadatta Track. The pub’s quirky atmosphere, aviation history, and stories from local characters attract adventurers and those seeking a unique outback experience.
8. THE DARGO HOTEL: Located in Victoria is popular among visitors for its picturesque location in the Dargo Valley. Surrounded by stunning alpine scenery and nestled near the High Country, the pub offers a relaxing and rustic atmosphere. It attracts outdoor enthusiasts, particularly four-wheel drive enthusiasts, hikers, and campers exploring the nearby Alpine National Park and the iconic Dargo High Plains. The Dargo Hotel is known for its warm hospitality, delicious pub meals, and the opportunity to unwind in a serene mountain setting.
9. TIBOOBURRA FAMILY HOTEL: The Tibooburra Family Hotel is popular for its location in the Corner Country region, known for its rugged beauty and rich cultural heritage. The pub serves as a welcoming hub for visitors exploring Sturt National Park, the Jump-Up Country, and the nearby historic gold mining sites. Its friendly atmosphere, cold beverages, and local insights attract tourists and adventurers keen to explore the outback’s hidden gems.
Fill out the form below and one of our team will call you back within 24 hours.